Civil Society Dialogue Network
The Civil Society Dialogue Network (CSDN) is a mechanism for dialogue between civil society and EU policy-makers on issues related to peace and conflict. It is co-financed by the European Union (Instrument for Stability) and EPLO, and managed by EPLO in co-operation with the European Commission (EC) and the European External Action Service (EEAS).
The second phase of the CSDN will last from 2014 to 2016. It will contribute to strengthening EU and civil society capacity to anticipate, analyse, prevent and respond to threats to stability and human development posed by violent conflict and crisis.
CSDN events (conferences, seminars and workshops) are open to all interested civil society actors and take place in Brussels, EU Member States and conflict-affected countries with EU presence. They focus on:
- geographic and conflict-specific situations (including an early response element) and conflict analysis
- strategic, policy-making and programming aspects of peace-building and conflict prevention
- transversal thematic issues relating to conflict prevention and peace-building.
CSDN events fall into the following categories:
5. The EU in International Peacebuilding Meetings
EPLO will produce background material, including briefing papers, reports, and policy papers. Updates on the CSDN will also be disseminated via the EPLO Conflict Prevention Newsletter.
Click here to download the European Commission's press release on the launch of CSDN I.
Click here to read all the publications from the first phase of the CSDN (2010-2013).
For more information about the CSDN, please contact Catherine Woollard.
Youth in Conflicts: Agents for peace or recruits for armed groups?
|Date||Thursday 11 December 2014|
|Location||Greater Birmingham and West Midlands Brussels Office, Avenue d'Auderghem / Oudergemselaan 22-28, 1040 Brussels
The overall objective of the policy meeting will be to analyse how to work with young people in regions affected by or at risk of conflict to:
The policy meeting will have the following sub-objectives:
Click here to download the latest version of the agenda.
For more information about this event or to register your participation, please contact Ben Moore.
Geographic (Early Response) Meeting - Armed violence and capacities for peace in Iraq: actors, causes, impact and EU responses (December 2014, Brussels)
For more information about this event, please contact Anna Penfrat
Policy Meeting - Designing and Supporting National Dialogues: What Role for the EU and Civil Society? (October 2014, Brussels)
For more information about this event, please contact Nabila Habbida
Funding Instruments Meeting - Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace: Consultation on 2015 programming (October 2014, Brussels)
- PowerPoint Presentation: Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace: Elements of the draft 2015 Annual Action Programme - Conflict prevention, peace-building and crisis preparedness component (Article 4) (Session 1)
- PowerPoint Presentation: Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace: Initial ideas for the 2015 Annual Action Programme - Global and trans-regional threats component (Article 5)(Session 1)
- PowerPoint Presentation: Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace (Session 2)
For more information about this event, please contact Ben Moore
Member State Meeting - The EU, conflict prevention and peacebuilding: State of play and the role of civilian Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP) (October 2014, Vienna, Austria)
For more information about this event, please contact Josephine Liebl
Click on the following links for more information about earlier CSDN events: